The following are the "Terms" that govern use of the Policy Central Web site ("Site"). By using or visiting the Site, you expressly agree to be bound by these Terms and to follow these Terms and all applicable laws and regulations governing the Site. This is an important document and affects your rights and obligations. It also includes exclusions and limitations that apply to you. Kbase Connect Ltd reserves the right to change these Terms at any time, effective immediately upon posting on the Site. Please check this page of the Site periodically. These Terms may not be supplemented, altered or modified by the use of any other documents or oral communications unless agreed in writing by Kbase Connect Ltd.
1.1 “We” and “Us” are Kbase-Connect Limited of Bristol & Bath Science Park Emersons Green Bristol BS16 7FR registered in England and Wales with company number 03996601 ;
1.1 “Site” is the policycentral web site owned by Kbase Connect Ltd ;
1.2 Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org;
1.3 Our VAT number is 793 8184 78
Permitted Use of the Site
2.1 You agree that you are only authorised to visit, view and where available print or download material on the Site for your own use and that you shall not duplicate, download, publish, modify distribute or otherwise disclose to any third party whatsoever the material on the Site for any other purpose or in relation to or for the benefit of, any third party, unless specifically authorized by Us to do so and whether or not during the term of the Contract. You also agree not to deep-link to the Site for any purpose, unless specifically authorised by us to do so.
2.2 You will at all times ensure that your use of the Site is in accordance with all applicable data protection and other laws, licences, codes of practice and regulations.
2.3 We will accept no liability in relation to the content of information supplied by you, whether as publisher or otherwise. You agree to indemnify Kbase Connect Ltd and/or their affiliates and subsidiaries and/or suppliers in relation to any claims, costs, expenses, liabilities, causes of action, infringement of any rights of third parties, whomsoever and howsoever arising, in relation to any material posted on the Site by you or your employees.
3.1 While we endeavour to ensure that the Site is normally available 24 hours a day, We will not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
3.2 Access to the Site may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond Kbase Connect Ltd’s control.
4.1 For the purposes of these Terms, Confidential Information includes but is not limited to information, whether in written or any other form, which is identified as confidential or is clearly by its nature confidential which shall include (without limitation):
4.1.1 design features and technical details of the Site, the scope of the Site, any technical data and know-how associated with the operation and further development of the Site, including programming and computer programmes used to operate and develop the Site; and
4.1.2 the content of any of the material contained on the Site, including, without limitation, any policies and procedures that are contained on the Site and the development and sale of which is the main business of Kbase Connect Ltd.
This Confidential Information will remain the property of Kbase Connect Ltd at all times.
4.2 You undertake to protect the Confidential Information, to prevent the unauthorised use, dissemination or publication of the Confidential Information.
Trademarks and Copyright
5.1 The content and software on the Site is the property of Kbase Connect Ltd and is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright laws. We post a legal notice and various credits on pages of the Site, which may not be removed. You must not remove or interfere with this notice or these credits, or any additional information contained along with the notices and credits.
5.2 Kbase Connect logos found on the Site are registered trademarks of Kbase Connect Ltd. These trademarks may be used publicly only with the written permission of Kbase Connect Ltd.
Ownership of Materials
6 All materials on the Site are copyrighted and are protected under treaty provisions and world-wide copyright laws. Materials on the Site may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without Kbase Connect Ltd’s written permission. Except as expressly stated in the limited licence provision of these terms and conditions, Kbase Connect Ltd does not grant any express or implied right to you under any of its trademarks, copyrights or other proprietary information.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
7.1 Whilst we will make all reasonable efforts to avoid problems, Kbase Connect Ltd does not promise that the Site will be error-free, uninterrupted, that the material on the Site will be complete and error free. The Site and its content are delivered on an "as-is" and "as-available" basis. Kbase Connect Ltd cannot ensure that files you download from the Site will be free of viruses or contamination or destructive features.
7.2 Kbase Connect Ltd makes no guarantee of any specific result from use of this Site or any content, search or link on it.
7.3 Kbase Connect Ltd disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third party users or Site users, in connection with your use of the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, you may report the misconduct of users and/or third party advertisers, service and/or product providers referenced on or included in the Site to Kbase Connect Ltd at email@example.com. Kbase Connect Ltd may investigate the claim and take appropriate action, at its’ sole discretion.
7.4 Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by Kbase Connect Ltd’s negligence, Kbase Connect Ltd shall have no liability to you for any loss, damage, costs, expenses, or any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs or expenses or other claims (whether caused by the negligence of Kbase Connect Ltd, its servants or agents or otherwise) for compensation arising from your making use of the Site or by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term.
Copyright Policy and Indemnity
8.1 We will terminate the privileges of any user who uses this Site unlawfully to transmit copyrighted material without a licence or express consent, valid defence or fair use exemption to do so. In particular, users who submit content to this Site, whether articles, images, stories, software or other copyrightable material must ensure that the content they upload does not infringe the copyrights or other rights of third parties (such as privacy or publicity rights). After proper notification by the copyright holder or its agent to us, and confirmation through court order or admission by the user that they have used this Site as an instrument of unlawful infringement, we will terminate the infringing users' rights to use and/or access to this Site. We may, also at our sole discretion, decide to terminate a user's rights to use of, or access to, the Site prior to that time if we believe that the alleged infringement has occurred.
8.2 You agree to indemnify and hold Kbase Connect Ltd, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site, including also your use of the Site to provide a link to another site or to upload content or other information to the Site.
9 The following is a partial list of the kind of content which is illegal or prohibited on the Site. It includes content that:
9.1 is patently offensive to the online community, such as content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; could be harmful to minors;
9.2 harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
9.3 involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters", or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
9.4 promotes information that you know is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
9.5 promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
9.6 contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
9.7 displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
9.8 provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18; and
9.9 provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses; solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; and engages in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
10 Although Kbase Connect Ltd cannot monitor the conduct of its users off the Site, it is also a breach of these Terms to use any information obtained from this Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent.
No Commercial Use
11 No area of this Site may be used by visitors for any commercial purposes. You must obtain our prior written consent to make commercial offers of any kind, whether by advertising, solicitations, links, or any other form of communication. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not resell or link to other sites for the purpose of selling services of any kind. We will investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Site and barring such violators from use of the Site.
Access and Interference
12 You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained thereon or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior expressed written permission. You agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You agree that you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display any content (except for your own person, non-commercial use) from the Site without the prior expressed written permission of Kbase Connect Ltd.
Unauthorized Use of the Site
13 Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Site, including, but not limited to, unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site, or unauthorized use of any robot, spider or other automated devise on the site, will be investigated and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation civil, criminal and injunctive redress.
14 This site is controlled and operated by Kbase Connect Ltd from its offices in the United Kingdom. If there is any dispute about or involving the Site, by using the Site you agree that the dispute will be governed and construed by English law. In the event of a dispute arising out of or relating to these terms and conditions, or your use of or access to this site, litigation must be brought in a court in London, England without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
This notice was last updated on Friday June 4th, 2021, and complies to the UK GDPR, underpinned by the UK law the Data Protection Act (2018), and regulated by the UK ICO (Information Commissioners Office).
Scope & Responsibilities
Our scope is all data subjects, whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the UK GDPR.
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Kbase Connect Limited collecting and processing their personal data.
All associates and employees of Kbase Connect Limited who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this privacy notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their personal data is secured.
Who we are?
Kbase Connect Limited specialise in the design, development, implementation & support of cloud based bespoke business software solutions.
Kbase Connect Limited collects and processes certain personal information about you.
When we do so we are regulated under the UK General Data Protection Regulation, which is underpinned by the Data Protection Act (2018)
We are responsible as the data controller & data processor (UK GDPR Article 30) for all personal information collected for the purposes of those laws. The Data Protection Officer (DPO) is Mark Evans of Kbase Connect Limited, Bristol & Bath Science Park, 1 Dirac Crescent, Emerson's Green, Bristol, South Glos, BS16 7FR.
Kbase Connect Limited can be contacted via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0845 2968 410.
The personal information we collect and use.
Lawful bases for processing of personal data:
The lawful bases for processing are set out in Article 6 of the UK GDPR. At least one of these must apply whenever Kbase Connect Limited processes your personal data:
- Legal Obligations – the processing is necessary for Kbase Connect Limited to meet the requirements of a UK law and/or regulatory compliance. Kbase Connect Limited will identify the source for obligation and explain why your personal data is required to meet such obligations.
- Legitimate Interests - the processing is necessary, as Kbase Connect Limited has ascertained the legitimate interest of the individual/organisation and explained why the processing of personal data is required to action the legitimate interest. Kbase Connect Limited reviews our legitimate interest to hold personal data annually via a Legitimate Interests Assessment (LIA).
You can find more about the UK GDPR lawful bases here or by visiting www.ico.org.uk
How we use your personal information
Kbase Connect Limited uses your personal information:
- To capture new enquiries via the Kbase Connect Limited website, where personal identifiers such as name, email address and phone number are required.
- To pre-qualify which of our services are suitable for your requirements including the provision of estimates, proposals, and schedules of work.
- To communicate with you, via email/phone/video call, throughout the duration of any contracted project between Kbase Connect Limited and the data subject.
- To issue financial documentation to you, such as invoices & administer payment processing for our services.
- To notify you about changes to our services through trusted Kbase Connect Limited communication channels.
- To, from time to time, offer its users email subscriptions to fact sheets or newsletters. Any such communications will always follow an ‘opt-in’ policy whereby they will not be sent to you unless have given Kbase Connect Limited permission in advance to do so.
- To provide additional after sales customer care and support (e.g., follow up calls & meetings).
- To monitor the analysis/usage of the Kbase Connect Limited website, however this is only in relation to contact form personal data capture, as all other data is ‘non-personal data’, which is out of the scope of UK GDPR and is analysed via Google Analytics.
What information we collect about you.
The personal & non-personal data you have provided, or we have collected from you, or we have received from third parties includes:
- contact details (e.g., contact names, email addresses, contact numbers)
- addresses (e.g., business addresses & other nominated addresses)
- photographic ID, such as a driving licence or passport for the purposes of carrying out anti-fraud and anti-money laundering checks and verifying your identity.
- financial information relating to invoices, payments, and receipts.
- identifiers assigned to you, your computer, or other devices, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is used for fraud prevention and to improve customer experience.
Who we share your personal information with?
Where relevant, given the nature of the services provided to you by Kbase Connect Limited we may also share your personal data with the following categories of third parties:
- third party service providers who support the operation of our business, such as IT and marketing suppliers, financial service providers, and debt collection agencies (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary in accordance with our legitimate interests).
- fraud prevention agencies and associations, (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations).
- Industry regulators (e.g., certification bodies) and third parties, including the police, HM Revenue and Customs or any other relevant authority who may have jurisdiction (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations and/or as is necessary in accordance with our legitimate interests)
We would always inform you ahead of acting on any instructions to proceed with any of our services, should this be the case. This data sharing enables Kbase Connect Limited to supply the above documented services to you in a professional and timely manner, whilst undertaking quality control & regulatory compliance procedures.
Furthermore, it ensures compliance with all necessary UK GDPR & Data Protection Act (2018) lawful requirements. Kbase Connect Limited will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
Processing personal data outside of the UK
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to and processed in a destination outside of the UK. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the UK who work for one of our nominated data subjects (e.g., clients, suppliers).
In these circumstances, your personal information will only be transferred on one of the following bases:
- the country that we transfer the data to has an ‘adequacy agreement’ in place with the UK. Meaning, the country where the data is to be sent has provisions for the protection of personal data in line with the requirements set out by the Data Protection Act (2018) and the UK GDPR; or
- the recipient has agreed with us standard contractual clauses (e.g., through data impact assessments and detailed risk assessments) that guarantee the same levels of data protection as set out by the Data Protection Act (2018) and the UK GDPR; or
- there exists another situation where the data transfer is permitted under alternative applicable data protection legislation, that has an agreed standard (adequacy decision) that falls in line with EU GDPR, and in turn there is an adequacy decision between EU GDPR and UK GDPR. One such example would be where a recipient of personal data in California in the United States has registered under the California Consumer Privacy Act and wishes to exchange personal data with a UK based data subject and vice versa.
To find out more about how your personal information is protected when it is transferred outside the UK you can read more here on International Data Transfers, including the relevant safeguards to which Kbase Connect Limited adheres.
Whether information must be provided by you, and if so, why?
The provision of certain personal data including (but not limited to) contact name, email address and telephone number is required. This enables Kbase Connect Limited to provide our improvement support services to you.
We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide any other additional information to us.
How long your personal information will be kept?
- Kbase Connect Limited will retain your personal information for several purposes, as is necessary to allow us to carry out our business in accordance with our legitimate interests and / or as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
- Any retention of personal data will be carried out in compliance with legal and regulatory obligations and with industry standards. These data retention periods are subject to change without further notice because of changes to associated laws or regulations.
- Your information will be kept for the duration of any contracted period on our main systems, after which time it will be archived, deleted, or anonymised depending on the content of the material and whether there is any continuing need for it to be retained. For example, some of the archived information may be retained for a further period to allow us to process your existing or future instructions.
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our Document Destruction & Retention Policy which you can request from us by contacting us.
- Any personal data held in paper copy is securely stored pre-destruction and is destroyed with a Certificate of Destruction in line with our UK GDPR Document Destruction & Retention Policy.
Under the UK GDPR, Data Protection Act (2018) and ICO guidance you have several important rights free of charge. At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- call, email, or write to us in the first instance.
- let us have enough information to identify you,
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates?
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator (e.g., ICO) of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from, Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses, and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Kbase Connect Limited only use non-personal data essential cookies on this website to track the performance of the website via Google Analytics. This non personal data helps us to understand how to improve the website content for the benefit of all users. If you want to block cookies, then you can do this through your browser via the help function. You can also visit www.aboutcookies.org for further guidance.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your personal data.
The UK General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) who may be contacted here or by telephone on 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was last reviewed and published on Friday June 4th, 2021.
Kbase Connect Limited is a UK based company, registered in England & Wales, under company registration number 03996601.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do, we will inform you via email and/or our company website.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information, we hold about you.
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) is Mark Evans.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or write to Data Protection Officer, Kbase Connect Limited, Bristol & Bath Science Park, 1 Dirac Crescent, Emerson's Green, Bristol, South Glos, BS16 7FR or call 0845 2968 410.